Search Engine Optimization is a technology for promoting a website in search results in order to get traffic. The work is based on the knowledge of algorithms for ranking resources in the search results and improving the criteria of the site in order to bring it to the top of the search results for the required key phrases.
Simply put, as a result of high-quality SEO, the site rises in the search engine results, which means that the link to the promoted page receives traffic from visitors, which will be the greater, the higher the position of such a link. Therefore, answering the question of what SEO optimization is, we can also say that it is one of the most effective technologies for attracting cheap traffic to the site.
The principle of operation looks very simple: the user enters a query of interest to him, and the search engine builds a list of links to resources in a certain order. After that, the potential client gets acquainted with a brief description of the resource and goes to it if it interests him. The higher in the results such a link is, the more likely the transition is, since the user usually does not go beyond the first page of the issue.
The principle of constructing search results on demand uses a complex sorting formula that takes into account dozens of parameters. At the same time, the exact algorithm for such a ranking is not disclosed by the owners of search engines, who voice only the general principles of building a high-quality and useful resource for people, helping to climb to the top. In practice, without the use of SEO promotion technologies, it is almost impossible to bring a site to the first page of search results in highly competitive commercial topics, even if its content and technical implementation are perfect.
What does the promotion of the resource mean?
SEO-optimization involves the implementation of a number of actions aimed at gaining credibility with the target audience of the search engine.
- Determining the criteria that have the greatest impact on the ranking of the site in the search results, and purposeful work with the resource parameters that improve them.
- Formation of a relevant thematic core, grouping of words by subject and redistribution of the site structure.
- Internal and external search engine optimization of the resource.
- Elaboration of site usability and behavioral factor, which plays an increasing role in evaluating the quality of a resource by search engines.
- Constant collection and analysis of statistics of visitors to the site from the search engine and their actions directly on the resource.
- Adjustment of the promotion strategy based on the analysis of the collected statistics and its dynamics.
Naturally, each subtask is divided into many points during work, which can be performed by different specialists.
SEO RESULTS TIMELINE
In general, it takes from 3 weeks to 9-12 months to get a return after the launch of work to promote the site. The timing is determined by the level of competition for the request and the overall level of competition in the promoted topic. Factors such as:
- site age (criterion of trust to the site by the search engine);
- the number of sites that are actively promoted in this topic (the criterion for the “density” of the search results);
- overall traffic on the site (a criterion for evaluating the usefulness of the site for users);
- the number and quality of resources that link to the promoted site (resource authority criterion);
- the number of documents relevant to the request on the site (assessment of the compliance of the site subject with the search query);
- organization of the workflow and reporting, due to automation tools, the time for mechanical operations in SEO is significantly reduced (PromoPult / SeoPult, Pixel Tools and others).