Components of SEO promotion
There are various ways to attract new customers through the Internet. These are targeting in social networks, contextual advertising, cooperation with bloggers and much more. All these methods work well if there are no problems with finances and you need to attract the first customers (buyers) as soon as possible. But you have to face a serious disadvantage.
The desired effect is saved only for the period while you pay for the use of a particular tool. As soon as the funds run out on the account, advertising also stops. Modern SEO-optimization is no longer limited to entering keywords into texts and acquiring links, as it was ten years ago. Now this work has become much more painstaking and subtle.
Today, SEO promotion includes such basic elements as:
- constant monitoring of changes in the algorithms used by search engines for ranking, and making appropriate adjustments to them;
- monitoring the relevance of search queries. It is necessary to track in a timely manner when the keywords and phrases used on your site lose popularity among search engine users, and change the direction of optimization work;
- creation of a semantic core and regular expansion due to actual queries;
- internal technical optimization, which improves the site code and navigation through it, improves the quality of content and speeds up loading;
- external optimization, that is, providing the site with citation. For this purpose, links to the resource are bought on various popular sites in order to increase interest in it from search engines;
- tracking the actions of site visitors and timely response to all negative manifestations;
- analysis of the results of the work and their use to revise the strategy for further progress.
We have to admit that SEO specialists do not know exactly what formulas search engines use to determine the places of resources in the search results list.
But they understand the key factors and fundamentals. Usability (interface convenience), the availability and quality of the mobile version, download speed and user behavior are the indicators that directly affect the place of the site in the search results. It is worth highlighting the optimization of the site for smartphones and other mobile devices, since desktop traffic is now increasingly inferior to mobile traffic.
By optimizing the site in these directions, the webmaster can bring it to the top of search engine results. Approximately 800 parameters are taken into account.
How SEO works
As already mentioned, SEO-optimization has two main components: internal and external. It is important that sufficient attention be paid to both, otherwise effective promotion cannot be achieved.
As part of the implementation of this component of SEO, the state of the site improves, and as a result, it moves up in the search engine results.
For internal optimization, it is necessary to carry out the following work:
- choose keywords suitable for promotion of your resource and make a semantic core out of them;
- fix technical errors, including in the code, increase download speed and get rid of broken pages;
- optimize the images posted on the site so that the pages load faster;
- improve the usability of the resource (usability). Webmasters, as a rule, undeservedly ignore this aspect of optimization. But today, hastily preparing a landing page is not enough; attention to the visitor’s comfort and design is required. So, for example, it is better to make buttons not angular, but rounded. According to research results, users click on them many times more often, and this is an important conversion factor;
- optimize the structure of the site (map it);
- carry out relinking (using mutual links to link resource pages together);
- work on description, title and headings in H1-H6 format.
There is a little secret. Images for placement on the site can be optimized using Photoshop tools. Select “Save for web” from the menu, and this will allow you to get rid of two problems at once:
- the volume and weight of the image will decrease;
- the color scheme will be corrected and the display on the monitor will be improved.
External (link) optimization
About ten years ago, such optimization consisted only in the accumulation of links, but now much more thorough and subtle work is needed using new tools that meet the requirements of search engines. Only the goal has not changed – to gain reference mass.
As part of external optimization, the following work is carried out:
- content is prepared and posted that can interest users. They will disseminate information and thereby increase the number of links on the Internet;
- the site is registered in specialized directories. When choosing such sites, you should give preference to those that are not too spammy and relevant in terms of subject matter;
- links are placed in web 2.0 media. We are talking about platforms on which users have the opportunity to post their content, created, as a rule, on their own. These are, for example, Yandex.Zen, Wikipedia, TJ and vc.ru;
- the resource is actively promoted through thematic blogs and forums.
Taking these measures, it is possible to analyze in parallel how competing resources are being promoted. This is worth doing monthly.