What does search engine optimization consist of?
Search optimization of the site concerns almost all processes and structural elements of your resource. From correctly writing an article using the right keywords to selecting “donors” and posting links to your resource.
Therefore, most of the processes and areas that make up the search engine optimization of the site can be conditionally divided into four main groups:
- Internal optimization: everything directly related to pages and their structural elements.
- Content optimization: creating content that is both useful for users and understandable for search engines.
- External optimization: increasing the authority of the site in the eyes of Google by increasing the number of backlinks.
- Technical optimization: ensuring smooth and fast operation of the resource.
The methods and processes of each of these groups differ from each other and are aimed at optimizing specific parameters. All of them are aimed at improving various components of the site, which the search engine takes into account in the form of signals when it forms the results of search results.
All processes and methods have a common end goal – to make the search engine understand the structure well, value the content on the pages and give it a high ranking.
We select and group keywords
The approach to such a process as SEO optimization of the site is based on the fact that you want to attract not just traffic, but specifically the target audience of your product, which should eventually turn from visitors to buyers.
This is possible only if you use the right keywords and phrases with which users try to solve their problems by searching on Google.
Keywords also determine the relevance of the site and its pages to specific search queries.
The search and selection of keywords can really be considered the basis of all search engine optimization processes, and the semantic core is the foundation for achieving high results.
It is not for nothing that many specialists collect key requests and develop the SY even before the creation of the site itself. On the basis of the collected core, its internal structure is built and all further actions are planned and SEO optimization of the site is systematically carried out.
As a rule, this process looks like this:
- Create topic groups: First, gather a list of topics relevant to your niche and what you do. Effective seo optimization is the selection of such big topics that are of interest to your audience, and not just a list of keywords. Today, SEO optimization of the site, which is carried out by increasing the thematic coverage, gives much better results than search engine optimization of the site, which is based on the usual use of keywords and their correct placement.
- Keyword search and grouping: all collected search queries are divided into groups based on specific parameters: thematic orientation, semantic proximity, type of search query (informational, transactional, navigational), etc.
- Creating Landing Pages: Most often, a separate main page is created for each group of keywords. And it is not always worth optimizing it specifically for high-frequency keywords. For example, these may be the pages that will bring you the main income. You do not need a large volume of traffic for exclusively informational requests.
- Expanding the structure of the site with the help of SEO: new pages are created that are optimized for one or more keywords, thereby expanding the thematic coverage of your resource. For example, for information requests, blog articles useful for visitors are published.
A high-quality approach and proper SEO optimization of the site will help predict all these nuances even before the creation of the resource, or effectively adjust its development at any time. But, unfortunately, not without losing traffic.
We’re implementing HTTPS and simplifying URLs
The search engine uses URL addresses to better understand the essence and content of the content that is placed on the page, so this parameter is also worth paying attention to. Try to keep page URLs as short and meaningful as possible.
Use a minimum of words that do not carry a semantic load, get rid of special characters and numbers, and also be sure to use a keyword for which the page is optimized.
The URL must be created using the Latin alphabet, and words must be separated by hyphens only. Using an SSL security certificate is almost a requirement rather than a wish these days.
By ranking better web resources with HTTPS encryption protocols, Google makes it clear that the protection of personal data of users is a necessary component of effective SEO optimization of sites.